PIPP Plus allows eligible customers to make affordable monthly energy payments on a year-round basis. When a PIPP Plus household pays its monthly PIPP Plus payment on time and in-full, some of their old debt and the rest of that month’s bill goes away in the form of a credit on their utility account. PIPP Plus applications are taken year-round.
Qualified households’ monthly payments will be determined as such:
If the utility provides both gas and electric services, the customer will pay $10 or 5 percent of their gross monthly household income, whichever is greater or if the customer has an all-electric home, the payment is $10 or 10 percent of the gross monthly income, whichever is greater.
When PIPP Plus payments are made on-time and in-full, customers earn an incentive credit and an arrearage credit. Each time you pay your required monthly payment on-time and in-full, you no longer owe the rest of that month’s billed amount. You also receive a 1/24 credit toward any old debt. If you make full, on-time payments for 24 straight months, all of your arrearages will be eliminated.
If payments are late you will not receive the incentive or arrearage crediting benefits that come from paying your PIPP Plus payment amount on-time and in-full.
To be eligible:
- Your utility company must be regulated by the PUCO. Some of the smaller utility companies are not required to offer PIPP Plus. You must apply for all energy assistance for which you are eligible.
- You must have a gross yearly household income at or below 175 percent of the federal poverty guidelines. If you are not eligible based on the 12-month “test,” you may qualify for PIPP Plus based on your income for the most recent three months.
- ID of the person applying for assistance
- Last 30 days of total household income
- If self-employed, need schedule 1 and 1040 of last taxes filed in addition to last 30 days income
- Social security card or birth certificate for each household member
- Birth dates for each household member
- Most recent gas & electric bills or new account numbers
Judy Havens 740-335-7282 Ext. 115